Sunday, July 02, 2006

Rangers Strike! TCG

A few weeks back, I was browsing through Jeremy's Hyper Hobby magazine July issue. It came with a special Rangers Strike trading card game (TGC) booklet.

The booklet showed a complete list of second series booster pack cards. It also explained the rules of playing the game in Japanese of course. It introduced the artists who did the art for the cards. "Holy crap", I thought... "The art look damn cool!".

Since Jeremy only buy Hyper Hobby as a catalouge of some sorts, he gave me the booklet. I couldn't accept it at first, until he said "You better take it or I will just throw it away."


-.-" DAMN RICH LAH YOU NOW...


Took it back and look through it somemore.... that folks, is how the seeds of hunting down the cards are sowed. Damn.

Since my brother also have been collecting some Magic: The Gathering and D&D card games, I was blabbing away how cool the art on the cards are.

Recently found the cards selling at Jusco. At first only spotted the series 1 and series 2 booster packs. "Hhhmm, no start don't want to buy lah. Can't complete the collection also.".. until a few days later I found the starter decks hinding in a corner of the display shelf.


"SHIT."


Last thursday, bought them:

Go Go Power Rangers

From left to right: Series 1 Starter Deck, Series 1 Booster pack and Series 2 Booster pack.

In the starter deck itself, you would get a few duplicates. Since this is a TRADING card game, I think they purposely gave you some duplicates to start trading off with your fellow collectors.


SHINY SHINY


I got a special card and a duplicate of it. One's from the starter deck and the other from the series 1 booster. I think it's special, since it's shinier than the rest.

Some of the cards. Click for the big version:

31 - 40

31 - 40


The damn booklet. Heheh:

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Front cover.


Deka! Deka! Deka!
Back cover.


And I'm even not a big fan of the show! Ok, I've watched the first and second season of the US version... and the movie. But that was it. Some of the design of the suits were quite appealing, like Dekarangers and Boukangers. But I didn't bother to download them to watch. But the art on the cards are quite cool. To me lah.

The official site for the TGC: http://www.carddas.com/rangers/

If they come out with a Kamen Riders version, I die lah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home