Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Collapsing of Gravity

As the mass inside a massive star increases, its gravity becomes stronger. Eventually gravity gets so strong that nothing can escape; an event horizon is formed, and matter and energy must inevitably collapse into a singularity.

I knew she would be back. She told me on Yahoo! messenger. Suddenly asking if I am still at the Evil Empire same place that I've worked these years and how is the place. As if the building isn't standing anymore.


"THAT'S NO MOON,..."


Anyway, saw her from a mile away at the lobby while coming back from the ATM machine one late evening. She spotted me at first, but I think she couldn't recognise me. Normally if someone does that to me, I would just skipped the whole "Hi" part and walk off. I walked up to her to say hi or maybe it was the immense gravity pull.

Transalated from cantonese:

Me: "So, you're back huh?"

Singularity: "Heeyyyy, kawaaaaa, how are you??!"

She took a look at me...

Singularity: "I see life has been treating you good."

Me: "Meh. Not as good as you laaaaah. So how long have you been back?"

Singularity: "Just today. Been busy the whole day and haven't had time to visit you. Are you even still at the same place, floor...??"

Me: "Yeah. But give a call before you drop by. We might shift to a new place soon."

Singularity: "Ohhhh is it??"


AND SO, THE SAME OLD INTERROGATION ON MY "STATUS" BEGINS...


Singularity: "So, going out with anybody now ahh??"

Me: "Nope."

Singularity: "Oh, Still no? Just recently broke up is it??"

Me: "Nope. Didn't have any relationship since the previous one."

Singularity: "Aiya what have you been doing lah."

Me: "Dunno."

Ok, it's getting embarrassing. She always couldn't control the volume of her voice and there were already a few people that were waiting for the bus/their spouse to fetch them, staring at the corner of their eyes... I decided to change the topic.


THE REPORTS OF ME GETTING A CAR, HAVE BEEN GREATLY EXAGERRATED.


Me: "So, going back already?"

Singularity: "Yah loh."

Me: "Waiting for the bus or bf?"

Singularity: "Waiting for a colleague. So, you got a car yet?"

Me: "Nope."

Singularity: "Yah Meh??"

Me: "Yeap."

Singularity: "But I thought I heard from who, you bought some cun car..."

Me: "Harr? Nope."

Well, technically, I didn't bought a car.

Singularity: "Yah ah, Time to buy one loh."

Me: "No need..."

Singularity: "With your position right now, you should be earning XXX mah..."

More stares from our neighbourly people...

Me: "OII!!"

Singularity: ">_<"

Me: "No such figure lah, where got so much, you think you meh."

More stares...

Singularity: "Wei!!"

Me: "HAHAHAHAA!!"

Me: "Oklah, I gotta go lah. Dropby when you're free."

Singularity: "Okay! BYE"


Some people never change. So, what's the rumour about me going around now? First it was being famous at the company and has been going out with multiple girls... and now I'm driving a souped up car? Absurd. What's next? Going out with a hot married chick?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home