Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Guess Who I Bump Into Today?

One (currently a total of two) of my loyal readers would know her. She used to work in PCCW as well. Ring any bells? ;)

I was getting on the company shuttle bus and at the same time, trying to dial my frigging mobile to my brother. "Kawa!", I heard. A re? Who would call my name in the bus?? I looked around trying to see which pretty chick (droooooooolll) that's calling me. Unfortunately all the pretty chicks (droooooooolll) are either chatting with each other or dozing off. DAMMIT!

"Wei! Li tou ah! (Hey! Over here!)". Oh My God! What's she doing here??! For the record, she's not one of the pretty chicks (droooooooolll) in the bus.

She's on the phone with someone. "Hey, I bump into Kawa. Blahblahblahblah...", she spoke to the phone. Must be her boyfriend (whom we all at PCCW knows *ahem ahem*). The seat beside her is empty. I sat down and wait for her to finish her phone conversation. When she's finished, "What are you doing here??", I asked.

Apparently, the company she's working at errmm what's it called again.. Sa.. err... Sawhateveritscalled has a deal with ours. They are to serve our company's internal calls/support. Funny how our company provides support for others and another company is providing support to us. Some sort of vicious cycle.

She just went to Singapore for a 5 day crash course and right now she's at my work place. And, apparently she's also taking the company shuttle bus to go to KL Sentral station. Guess we will be bumping into each other alot.

First thing she asked about me:

Friend: "How's your girlfriend?"
Me: "Wei, we broke up already mah."
Friend: "Yah Meh!? You and your girlfriend broke up!? Since when?"
Me: "It was almost a year (or maybe a year and a half) ago, when we had our gathering. Neh... that time when we watched The Medalion (bblllaarrgggh!) with the others? We just broke up that time."
Friend: "Oh! You and your girlfriend broke up quite a while ago."
Me: "Yup."
Friend: "So, seriously... you and your girlfriend broke up already?"
Me: "There are alot of pretty chicks in this bus. I appreciate that whenever you say the words 'you', 'girlfriend' and 'broke up' reaally loud. And you keep repeating them in the same volume." *thumbs up!*
Friend: "*giggles!* You haven't changed a bit!"
Me: *rolls eyes*

After that, we talked about work, her boyfriend, her boyfriend's work...

So, when the bus reached KL Sentral station, we parted ways. I had to go take the LRT and she walked to God knows where. Probably meeting up with her boyfriend.

Hope this is not some kind of omen. ;P


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home