Monday, October 31, 2005

I Wanna Go Back To Newcastle

Saw Goal last week. It was shot mainly at Newcastle, due to the main character went there for a try out and played with the football team.

There so many familiar places that were shot: Quayside, the Millenium Bridge, the river Tyne, Tyne Bridge,the town centre, the train station the mention of Gateshead, etc.

- Quayside: On Sunday, usually I would go there as there is the Sunday Market over there. Sort of like a pasar malam, only during the day time.

- the Millenium Bridge: I actually watched it being built right before my very side. The security guard of our flat was kind enough to let us watch it by the cctv above the roof, at the foyer when they were building it.

- Gateshead: There's a very huge shopping mall there. Sometimes I would go there on weekends to shop.

- The Tyne Bridge: Depending on the bus (or where you are) you take to Gateshead, sometimes it would cross this bridge.

- the town centre: Aye, it's where the University of Northumbria at Newcastle is. Of course I would frequent there.

- the train station: Been here a couple of times. Mainly to take the train to London.

-St. James Park the stadium: What football movie wouldn't show the stadium? I never actually been in it before, since I'm not a football fan. But in the whenever there's a match going on, you would see lots of people walking to the stadium.

What I thought they should have included is the Angel of the North. Too bad they didn't. I seem to recall I have a pic of this huge statue. Maybe I can get it scan and post it up. St Nicholas Cathedral should have been in there too.

The movie sure brought back lots of memories...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah! i watched it also! damn nice giler! yoh i wanna goooooooooo! pack me in your luggage and take me with you!

mort

p/s:btw did you realize that they translated the title as MATLAMAT in malay? bodohnya.

1:11 AM  
Blogger lynnee said...

shouldn't it be "GOL"?

2:43 AM  
Blogger Kawa said...

mort and lyn: Yeah, some idiot thought they're so smart that they've read between the lines. The movie is about a freaking football player!! "Matlamat" wouldn't make sense!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home