Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Blog Day

August 31, when bloggers would post and recommend 5 other blogs.

No so-called celebrity blogs. In my opinion, they are way too over rated.

In no particular order, let's start with:

Eva's Cushy Pink Cushions

Found the blog of this bubbly, soon-to-be 14 cutie; while searching for Mp3s. Not exactly this blog. She changed her blog addy recently.

Stumble into her blog and thought, "hey, she's pretty cool and writes pretty mature for her age too". Bookmarked her blog and visited regularly only to be disappointed. "Noooooo! Not another cool blogger quiting!! Did she quit blogging??!". Then I found out that the page that I've bookmarked is an archived post.... -_-"

Excerp from one of her post:


Kawa - Kawa's Reflections from the River
After he left a comment on my blog, I clicked on his link and thought, "Hey! He's
pretty cute for a almost 30 year old"



Bwahahah! Sorry sorry, kembang sikit;P . Thanks for making my day, Eva. Here's the real excerp that I would like to share, from "The start of the famine":


The 40 Hour Famine for me started at 8.00 last night. It is currently 10.21am.

14 hours 21 minutes without anything to eat! Oh God, there's still another 25 hours 39

minutes to go. I will update on my progress as the hours pass. Hopefully I won't be dead yet.

I'm hungry. But then again, this is what the children in Monzambique go through all the time so I guess I can't complain. So far, I have made $77.00. I need another $3 more! $80 can feed 6 kids for 6 whole months!



Hahah, that's so cute and funny! I still can't stop laughing. You go girl!



Sarah's Que Sarah, Sarah

Sarah's blog is one of my first few blogs that I started out reading. Second one to be exact, but the first to read regularly.

Excerp from "Nerd Extraordinaire":

I have decided that its time I get a pair of spectacles to help my detriorating, heading towards geriatric, eyesight. My left eye is seriously messed up; cover my right eye and everything goes into a blur. I don't think my power is that bad, probably a 50-75 on the left eye, but I don't want it to get any worse.

So let me see:

Braces, check
Grades, check
Bookworm, check
Dorky moments, check check check
Tendency to put foot in mouth at unopportune moments, CHECK

And coming soon- glasses!

Wow, okay, full transformation into Nerdville, woohoo.


It's ok, Sarah. You still look pretty. Also check out her "R3velation: Who wasn't there? " post.



Hsin's gripe, griping, grope? [v6]

Hsin's food pics and reviews always makes me hungry!!!

Especially in the office when it's 2 more hours to lunch!

I always admire her vocabulary when it comes to food. Me? It's always "Mmmmmm~".

Excerp from "Food review: Swez Brasserie, Eastin Hotel PJ":


Seasoned baby octopus (also known as Chuka Iidako) - a popular Japanese dish, which if you haven't tried it yourself, has a sweet-tangy sauce to the crunchy texture of the octopus. I recalled eating it for the first time many years ago; I was squirming when I had to bite the octopus' head off. -.- But it tasted good, so now I stuff it whole without a blink of the eye.


If that doesn't make your mouth watering and tummy runbling, I dunno what would. Mmmmm~ sweet-tangy sauce to the crunchy texture~ I'm normally not a octupus eating guy... but darn, I want to jump into the sea and eat one now!

You can always count on her to blog about outings/events/gigs/movie reviews. Plenty of pics too!


Su Ann/Pink Pau's Pinkskyes

Also one of the first few blogs that I read.

No one writes "emotion" like Su Ann. Let's let the excerp speaks for itself:

i depend so much on my friends as well. but they dont see it. most of them think that i dont trust them or that i cant stand them, and i guess that's not very surprising seeing how i never tell them anything. my best friend asked me the other day with wide eyes and a soft voice, "how many boyfriends have you had?" and i thought it was really strange that she didnt know, but truth is i never did tell her. yet i build so much on the fact that she actually bothered to ask, that she actually cared enough to want to know what has been plaguing me for the past week. and when she tells me her own issues, i grow in it, because that feeling of being there for a friend is just so very important to me.

Like I've said. Emotion.



D.M.Jewelle's Demonic Error v 0.1 ~ The Struggling Science Student (S³)

I don't think my words can do her blog justice. Discovered her blog while surfing for Cosmas pics. Mine were lousy. Then, BAM!! Before I knew it, I've been following her blog quite regularly.

Excerp:

...I let BMJ (Jared-kun) watch Monty Python because I thought I finally found someone to laugh along with me, and I find out he's going SPANISH INQUISITION on everyone by showing them every bloody Monty Python thing alive.

Against their own will, apparently.

...By the dozens.

...Regardless of whether they understand English or not.

...Or whether they even CARE for the damned thing.

Dr. Frankenstein, Torquemada, eat your hearts out. =___=


Hey, DM, I'm sure you've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail? "Run away! Run away!" Wohahahaha!



Because I've got more to recommend and 5 is just not enough, but I"ll KISS ("Keep It Short, Stupid.") it:

morticya33's Cows go moo?: "Oi, mort. Update lah!!" Pretty deep stuff.

Applegal's Diary in her Cubbyhole: Always learn something new from this law student. Like, eating a moon cake with a spoon. ;)

Spicy's Spicy Is Good: Fellow horror movie and cat lover. Too bad Stinkor's gone.

MJ's Interests: Live life like a rainbow Relationships Love Family Frens Career Health Aspirations Equality *pant pant*...etc.

M's Destination: Unknown: Will she reach her destination? This country call Unknown? :P

My Magnificent Life, Not: Goteborg, Allhelgonakyrkan, Backa... Wait, did you just call me stupid??

I <3rth>: Say it with me!

Bie's blog, in which the addy link is not available to the public: Eye candy.

Dr.Liew.net: Short spurts of COMODEE is what the doctor ordered.



*rim shot*

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... you make it sound like "stinkor" is the name of one of my cats!

for the record... IT IS NOT!!

*rotflmao*

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! You're still that proud about that 'cute' remark, aren't you? ^^

It's cool that just a few words can make someone happy.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous was me, Eva by the way.

And I'm so dead chuffed (wah seh you made my head so big larh) I keep rereading the post over and over again!

Eva

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf deep kah!

*decides to quit*

hahaha no i'm kidding lah. i'll revive it. one dayyyyy, one dayyy!!

mort

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spicy: hahah

Eva: *kembang... kembang... POP!* ^^

mort: it's ok, you get to be lazy after such a long hard work. ;)

kawa

7:09 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

wat? U just copied & pasted from my desc?

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home