Sunday, September 19, 2004

Life Lessons 101

Damn. Sometimes, you really need to learn things the hard way. Even not on purpose.

A friend's Ragnarok Online account has been hacked. All her valuable items are gone. She reported to the Game Master and even called Gameflier. They told her to make a police report. Then, submit the report to them and they will see what they can do.

Personally, I thought this whole report to police thing is bullshit. It's just one of the bull shitting red tapes to try to discourage you from giving them more work. You might think, "Hey, it's just a game!". But remember, it's a paid game. Money and time were spent to obtained those items.

Would the police even bother? I think they will. Besides, you have to pay around RM 10 just for the report form. Since they can even make a bit of money out of it, I don't see any reason they won't layan(serve) us.

And, I accidentally dropped a somewhat rare Orc Zombie monster card. I was trying to drop a piece of "garbage". I was clicking on it, but the game paused due to lag. When the game manage to moved, I realised that my Orc Zombie card is on the ground. Tried to picked it up, but someone beat me to the punch and teleported away. Bitch. Sigh, oh well.

Here goes:

Life Lesson No.1

If you have made a stupid/silly mistake. Don't fret about it. Won't help at all thinking about. No point losing sleep over it.

Life Lesson No.2

Any accounts, with a login ID and password, there's a reason why they are called confidential/sensitive information. If it meant ALOT to you, DON'T reveal it to anyone besides yourself. Period. Call me cynical if you like.

I"ll be accompanying my friend to lodge a report. See how it goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Police report?? u can't be serious...my goodness, it's just a game la. i really don't understand the obcession of this game. sheesh!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Kawa said...

LOL! Yeah. It becomes an obsession for some people. Not as obsessed as to go through all the trouble to hack people's account to get the items or zeny. LOL!

There are even worst cases. I"ll be writing some posts about it.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home