Sunday, September 07, 2008

Basic First Aid Training Day 2

Yaaaaaaa! Finally finished the training.

Morning was further training, bandaging, practice and revision.

After lunch, we had our exams. I wouldn't say I do very well in my written exam (objective & subjective), but I think I would at least pass it.

The trainner/examiner said everyone passed our practical CPR. So, at least there covered a lot of points.

We did some scenario handling as well, but I am not sure how is that going to be graded, or he just want us to see us making a full out of ourselves.

"It was just a flesh wound."

Scenario handling is where we were split into 2 groups, and there are 4 of us. 1 team would be those who would apply first aid, and the other, 3 of em acting as the victim's friends.

Guess who get to act as the victim?

"Check out my manly scar!"

The trainer brough some fake looking wounds to stick on to the victim, so we would have to try to identify what kind of wounds are they, and apply the suitable treatment for it.

"Is that your open fracture, or are you just happy to see me?"

Of course, all did not go well with both teams, since we did not have any real experience with it.

Hopefully I pass everything and get the cert.

Next year would have a chance to play with fire extinguishers. Hopefully that will be on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home