Friday, April 15, 2005

Virus Attack!

Oh for goodness sake....

While chatting doing work and chatting, some colleague sent me a message "It's you!" and followed by a link with my Hotmail address on it. Looks extremely suspicious as two messages appear at the same time. Who could paste a link and press enter that fast?

Was going to click on the text field to laugh at verify with colleague to see if it's a virus.... OMG! So many chat windows pop out!!! Filling up the whole screen!!! Holy $#!+!!!

Apparently, I have - as Mars put it - Flower Eyes (ngan far). Instead of clicking on the text field, I've clicked on the link. Yeap, it's a virus alright. I immediately sent messages to everyone... as there's so many on my contact list, I just type "Pls Dun Click".

Some already knew it's a virus, some replied with "Spreading virus ah?"... so, I appologised to them, change my nick to "Pls Dun Click On The File I've Sent". One friend, who will be remain nameless. Kept asking me "Why? Why cannot click? What is it?" when I was in the midst of warning everyone.

I made a quick reply to him "virus" before logging off to scan my pc. He then replied with "What virus? Where?". Aiyo, Goodness! if I wanted people to click it, I woulnd't have warn people not to click it right? Obviously something's wrong. Ah, If I have more time to explain, I would have. But alas... some people ah....

A colleague was infected though, cuz she was one of the colleagues that I was liasing with on a case. She thought I was showing her someting. Had to call her to appologise to her.

While scanning, my phone rang. Uh oh, it's my manager. Thought she's gonna bili bala me why send her virus, so I explained everything. She said she knew it was a virus but the reason she called was not about the virus.

Ahh, damn sui and embarrassing lah!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When ppl send u virus why u distribute to every1 and say dun click de =.="""
lucky not send to me XD

12:50 PM  
Blogger Kawa said...

i did not intentionally send lah! I clicked on the link and it will auto send.

That's why I warn them lo. Blur lah u.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*auntie mode* why you so bodoh! click lah properly next time!

i thought you're like in front of the comp 24/7 (at the rate you're blogging), then still can click wrongly ar?

it's like minesweeper gone wrong! hahaha bodoh. ;p

fix already ah, your comp?

mort

5:24 AM  
Blogger Kawa said...

mort: Ahaha! so glad to hear from you.

Wahaha you say like as if I am some sort of online God. Nolah, not that often. Still need to sleep mah. :P

I never got into Minesweeper. Dunno what is going on.

Yeap, the office pc is squeaky clean now.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home