Tuesday, March 15, 2005

"It's Just A Word"

A friend recently messaged me on MSN.

Friend: Darling~

Friend: It's been months already, how are you??

Me: Huh?? I think you've messaged the wrong person lah...

Friend: What??

Me: Thank God, I manage to stop you before you tell me how much you miss me /gege.

Friend: You're not kawa? Brother using comp?

Me: -_-' I am lah. Thought you messaged your bf but mistakenly message me.

Friend: What?

Me: You called me "darling".

Friend: It's just a word lah.



WTF?? Now tell me, what is wrong with this picture? A word or words, brings meaning to something. It's a means to communicate and to express yourself.

If it doesn't mean anything, then what's the point right? I could just wrqwrklgpsdavhdma.,admasklasdgasdjsad and sdl;gdkg[piwqeqeadk.c,. asdhasp? Exactly.

If anyone call me "darling" and it's just only a "word", maybe I can reply "Yes, bitch?"

No? A bit (truly an understatement) rude? How about "Yes, my lovely <3 bitch <3, how are you? ^___^ ~<3 "

Main point is the "<3" and the smiley. :P

Maybe it's just me.

9 Comments:

Blogger Applegal said...

HAHAHA!!! Try that, see what reaction you'll get ;) Perhaps a virtual slap? But really, I won't call another guy darling straightaway, maybe yo sexy, or hey babe ;) The reaction ranges from "Ehehehehe, ahem, yeah, I AM sexy", to "EWwwwwww!!! What the hell did you call me babe for ?!?!?" XD

10:41 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Darrrrlling..
Wait, I don't really like to use the word "Darling", it sounds cheesy like those 1000 episodes soap opera.

Honey?
Kekkekeke hihihiiiiiaaaa!

I hv a fren - he calls every1 he knows leng chai & leng lui. I'm not sure if it's bcoz he's a ah beng or he seriously thinks that every1 is beautiful or he's just mocking society who prefers beauty to ugliness.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.. ah, i reckon darling is fine whaaat ;p
you're overly sensitive.

i dear everyone, male or female.

then again, i bitch every one. male or female.

lalalalalal

mort

1:54 PM  
Blogger Kawa said...

apple: Haha, yeah will try it if there's opportunity and post the "results" lol.

mj: "darling" and "dear" is like so cliche already. Every couple is using it.

mort: When small, I didn't get enough of love. :P

I have an even worst pet peeve which, I'm not sure if I want to blog yet. Some people knows it... but I don't think they know that it really bothers me.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Kawa said...

lynnee: I know it's not that big a deal lah. But for myself I just can't do it. :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Sometimes it's ok (IMHO) coz I call ppl baby too :) if I am fond of that person or just hv the light hearted mood.

I said, "Hey, sexy!" (like the ugly fish in Yahoo! Messenger) once to 1 of my male colleagues in front of several ppl. They tot I was really flirting & into this guy. Doi!

8:23 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I guess it also depends how close/type of relationship u hv with that person

If always joke around, anything can blur out even if u don't share ur deepest secrets

8:24 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

I guess it also depends how close/type of relationship u hv with that person

If always joke around, anything can blur out even if u don't share ur deepest secrets

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wouldn't quite mind if it came from someone m close with, won't take it too seriously.

its comming from ppl whom i barely kno or vice versa that's irritating. i'll try a very sweet comment on the next guy that darlin/dear's me. lets see his reaction.

M.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home