Monday, August 30, 2004

I Liiiiiiive!!

I can't believe I made it! WooHoo!! According to my manager, I did 60 cases alone. But compared to other usual Mondays, 60 isn't a lot. Anyway, here's the e-mail that she sent me at the end of the day:

Hi Kawa,
You have done a tremendous job today by handling over 60 cases alone. I am giving you 3 hours of FTO for today which is equivalent to 1/2 day. You may use them anytime within the month but you need to inform your ah cheh in advance.
Keep up the good work!
Ah Cheh, pls take note of the half day FTO for Kawa.
Best regards,
Your Tai Kah Cheh.

Hahah, it got to my head a bit. No wonder it's heavier now. Though I bet she kept a draft copy for such situation and just change/add in the name. It could easily be "Hi Billy" or "Hi Steve".

Sorry I have to censored the names in order to protect the private lives of the innocent (Hey, I'm not innocent!). Over here, we usually refer to our manager as "Tai Ka Cheh" and our team lead as "Ah Cheh". Privately of course. For those who are not well versed in Cantonese, Tai Kah Cheh means "Big Sister" and Ah Cheh means "Sister". If you are wondering what's FTO, it's Full Time Off. Not F*** Til Out-cold.

Someone had to rain on my parade. Off office hours, while I was head-banging to Live in Baghdad by Yoko Kannon (She's a genius!) and The Seatbelts, the phone rang. Hey! It's the extension line that's blinking, not the main line. Must be someone from on-site calling me to congratulate me, "You da Man!" (See, told you it got to my head).

It's that hot Indian chick. "Oh my God, Kawa! Please help me check this case... I've closed it but it still showed up in the evening report!". "Hold on to your panties Calm down, let me check the case...", I told her. I thought she closed the case right after when the evening report was generated. That's why it would still show up. Boy, was I wrong.

The case's deadline was at 2:15 p.m. She solved it at around 1:00 p.m. but forgot to change it to "resolve" to close it. And what time was it that she called? 6:15 p.m. -_-' . "Can I still close it?", she asked. I replied, "You have to any how."

A case missed its deadline on my watch. Bagged and tagged, Kawa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home