Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Itchy and Scratchy Show

Here goes the so called “Unofficial” first blog. It was written on 09/08/2004:

Ahhh… allergies. Who's got em, who don't? At around 5 a.m. in the morning, it started to itch all over. So itchy that I thought insects are biting me by the swarm. Since I am not a good judge of small bumps all over my body, I woke my parents up to see what the Hades is all about the itchiness. My mom starts nagging "It's your room, I tell you!! Told you to blah blah this blah blah that...". My dad then says it's "Fung Mok" (canto). "Fung Mok" what the fug is that? According to him, seems like my allergy’s starting to act up again.

Now, I dunno what I am allergic to. The last time I had an allergic reaction was way back in high school. It got so bad that even after visitting the clinic and taking meds, it won't go away. I had to go to the SJMC in the wee hours of the morning at the ER to get an injection. Oh, DON'T get me started on the injection...

Anyway, back to the present. After the morning rituals, my parents drove me to the nearest 24 hours clinic. Hmm... the grill door's close, no patients waiting.. Looks like nobody's in. I pressed the bell "ZZZAAAPPP!! ZZZAAAPPP!!".. well there wasn't a sound, but I thought it might sounded like that *scratch scratch*. Ringing the doorbell twice summoned the "nurse". She walked out, with a "Who dares disturbed my slumber?!" look on her face and opened the door. After registering, she asked me to wait a while as the doctor is taking his bath. What?! Taking his bath??! Did he decided to take his bath when I came or was he taking his bath?! What if there's an emergency?? My thoughts exactly.

After 30 minutes of walking up and down, scratching here and there, the nurse opened the consultation room and says, "He's ready". I let the doc checked and he says its definitely allergy. He asked me what I’ve eaten and yada yada yada. Now, let's see what the doc decided for me to take: "Itchy: 3 times per day", "Allergy: 3 times a day. Warning: Do not operate heavy machinery after consumption", some cream and oh, MC!! Yaa*scratch scratch*aay!! Better send SMS to C and G (my team lead and colleague) that I won't be able to make it today. When I got back, I called C just in case.

Oh I'm sure, when I got back to work tomorrow, G would say "lei jau hou lah" to me... LOL. Well, today's MC not that fun. The meds the doc gave were really drowsy. I just sleep through the whole day. So much for getting a free day off. BAH! ;P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home