Friday, November 19, 2004

Burn Baby Burn! - Part 1

Yesterday, at 4:30 p.m. Melody messaged me on MSN:

Melody: "Are you ready?"
Me: "Huh?" *Checks time* "It's only 4:30, I'm off at 5. What time you are going off?"
Melody: "6. Have you packed your stuff?"
Me: "You're off at 6 and you're asking me whether I am ready or not?? Hahahah!"
Melody: "Yes, pack your stuff. Make sure you are ready at 5."
Me: "Hahhaha ooookay. So just to reconfirm, what time are we suppose to meet again?"
Melody: "6:30. Get ready."
Me: "You sure you can make it on time?"
Melody: "Yes, get ready."
Me: "Hahaha, so kan cheong (excited) huh?"

After work, I got down to the lobby and suddenly I received a phone call. Thought it was Melody calling me to check if I am "ready" or not -_-", but it was Kar Cher.

Kar Cher: "Where are you now?"
Me: "I'm down at the lobby. Why? Can't make it already?"
Kar Cher: "No lah, my mom will be fetching my sis. So, we"ll go together."
Me: "Ookay. I"ll wait for you down here."

Kar Cher was suppose to go fetch her sis from KLCC back to where they stay which is Bukit Jalil and come back to Kay El to have dinner with us. Yeah, a pretty far and long trip.

Anyway, we took the shuttle bus to the parking where Kar Cher parked her Kancil. As we were opening the doors:

Kar Cher: "Oh shit! We forgot about NCM!!"
Me: "Oh Yeah!! I"ll call him."

NCM's office's near ours.

As we got into the car, dialled on the phone; I noticed something. Her car is DAMN clean. No sands, leaves or anything on the car floor. Jeez. How do you keep your car clean all the time anyway?? After making arrangements with NCM, picked him up and off we go to Petaling Street. Tell you about Kar Cher's driving: She hit alot of potholes.

Reached KL, found a parking space. Suddenly this guy jumped out and directed us on how to park, turning and all. I asked her if we would need to pay him. Kar Cher said usually they would want us to pay them, she would just pay. After parking the car, Kar Cher paid the guy and I asked him to get a real job please look after her car. He replied with an "Okay".

I don't seem to recall Petaling Street being such a long street. Must be the crowd. Found the "ikan bakar" place at around 6:15 p.m. It's actually beside Hong Leong bank. Just a hawker stall thingy they put out. I thought what. They ordered the "ikan bakar", "lala", and squids. For 4 people. I asked them if 4 is enough as Melody will be bringing a friend. NCM said not enough order again. The guy there told us the food would be ready at 6:50 p.m. Does it really took that long to burn some seafood?

Sat down, ordered some drinks. Talk a lil and it's 6:30 p.m. already and Melody haven't show up yet. They asked what time Melody told me what time she's meeting us. I told them 6:30 and they burst out laughing. They say she's usually fashionable-ly late. Kar Cher predicted she would reach here at aroun 7:20 p.m. Hmm.

6:45 and sill waiting for food. Almost finished the drinks so we ordered more. 6:50 and the food are here! Wow, pretty punctual! But Melody's still not here yet!! How ler?!

Crap, it's 2:00 a.m. right now. Guess I'm still darn long winded. I"ll just make this a 2-parter and continue tomorrow night. Ja!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home