Friday, June 24, 2005

Invite

Recently had a friendster invite.

Someone had an account for supporting the *Malaysian *movie *industry had sent a message to me. Inviting me to "add" or "be add", to support the local film industry.


BWAHAHAHA!


Sorry. I dunno. I'm just biased towards the local film industry. Though recently there have been rav reviews on some local movies. Sepet, being the best example, but yet I'm still not interested in watching it. Maybe when it's shown on Astro or other local TV station. The poster for the Beautiful Washing Machine looks cool though.

Ah, whatever. Added the account anyway. Let's see what we can do for the local film industry. Hopefully it's starting to crawl its way out of the hell-hole that it's in. Ganbate!

On another related note, once added, the person then sent a message to me asking me to write a testimonial on what's my opinion on the local film industry.

I'm sure this message would be sent out to whoever, who had been added. But it seems kinda sad and pathetic that there are still people who gave all those meaningless "+++<3<3+++" testimonials. *rolls eyes*

7 Comments:

Blogger lynnee said...

i got the same invite too.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lynn: I think it's a serial invite. I noticed that that m'sia movie and I had a common friend: mj.

kawa

11:41 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

hahhaha! Wanted to say tat I received her invite & she seemed genuinely supportive of local movies. :p

7:08 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

but I didn't refer her to u ahh, don't perasan :P

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i got it also, but a damn long time ago la.

sepet was good with colours & editting (don't watch the vcd) but i have absolutely no comments on the plot ;p

the beautiful washing machine is DAMN MIND BOGGLING (then again, which art house film isn't?) but i reckon it's a good watch. cinematography is damn chun!

but then, for those who don't really love m'sian movies, i suggest a peek into Amir Muhammad's so-called films.

i laughed like a little mutherfucker after watching The Big Durian - yes it's that good.

mort

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mj: Didn't I say it was a serial invite?

mort: huh vcd? Wht's that? i've only heard of Dvds... :P

Beautiful Washing Machine sounds interesting.

kawa

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mort: oh yeah, ada friendster ka? Add saya lah! :D

kawa

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home